Thursday 9 April 2015

When 70's Met Spring

Sunglasses: Vintage
Crop top: Miss Selfridge
Midi skirt: New Look
Backpack: New Look
Shoes: Topshop

So this Spring/Summer is going to be all about the 70's. I would never have thought 70's inspired outfits would ever have thrilled me that much as it has never been a style that has ever interested me. However the high street stores are gradually filling up with really subtle and stylish takes on the era of floral and flares, and I have never been one to deny trying out a vintage look.
I found this 70's inspired midi skirt from New Look on Asos and I know you're all probably quoting Miranda from The Devil Wears Prada in your heads "Floral for Spring? Ground breaking". But what I thought made this skirt a little bit different for Spring was the deep shades in it and the midi length giving it a real retro feel. The material light and soft, and the quality is absolutely lovely! 
Also in my recent Asos order, I treated myself to this structured white backpack which I already know will probably be staying on my back all Spring/Summer. I think this will go with so many different outfits!
Although I was trying out the latest 70's trend with this look I also stuck to my roots as a 90's kid and added some sneaky 90's vibes in there too. Let me know what you think!

Have you tried out the 70's trend this Spring?


No comments:

Post a Comment