Sunday 1 June 2014

Benefit Make-Upper



If your anything like me, you will know all about Benefit Cosmetics and their adorable vintage style packaging combined with lovely quality products that adds a feminine touch to any make-up bag. I always find that I gravitate towards Benefit when I feel like a make-up treat as the more high-end price tag means I don't regularly purchase from the brand, although I know that the pretty packaging and finish will always tickle me! As an attempt to cure the "Monday Blues" a couple of weeks ago, myself and a friend (a.k.a fellow Benefit lover) arranged to try out the Benefit Make-Upper. The Benefit Make-Upper is available at most Benefit Beauty Bars and provides you with a full make-over from the Benefit make-up artists (or "Benebabes") so that you can test out the products and decide what works for you before you purchase. Or, if you just want to take advantage of a completely FREE Benefit make-over like I did!

The ladies at the Beauty Bars were super friendly and chatty making me feel very welcome and free to ask plenty of questions and requests. I have very sensitive skin that can be irritated quite easily and happened to be slightly dry during my make-over. The lady who served me was able to provide me with nourishing and gentle products from the Benefit skincare range to soothe and moisturize my skin before the make-over. I was asked a lot about my make-up preferences during the experience and the products were chosen accordingly to create the look that I described, which was a natural and dewy base, a soft bronze smokey eye with cat flick (gotta have a cat flick!) and a defined brow. 

Base, Cheeks and Lips:

To create a dewy base, the lady used That Gal Brightening Face Primer which left my skin feeling smooth, gave it a healthy but natural glow and made my make-up last longer, which was exactly what I was hoping for and I fell in love with this product straight away. Next, the lady applied the Fakeup Hydrating Crease-Control Concealer and the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation. Both these products I found to be hydrating and left a dewy glow which I like however these are both quite light coverage and I would prefer something slightly more full especially under my eyes!
For my cheeks and lips I tried out one of the cheek and lip stains in Posietint. The poppy-pink shade is a beautiful light rosie flush which adds a hint of colour and has a lovely creamy texture (not to mention the cute name). This shade would suit a lot of different skin tones and I would definitely recommend this tint to give your cheeks and lips a rose pop this Summer!

Eyes:

Ahh eye make-up! No make-up lover can deny the pleasure that is eye make-up. For this look I wore the World Famous Neutrals Kit in Most Glamorous Nudes Ever which contains two perfectly creamy creaseless creams and shimmery bronze shadows to compliment these. I have always loved the World Famous Neutrals kits from Benefit and these shades were no exception, providing shadows for highlight and darker crease shades making eye make-up simple! 
For my lashes I wore my absolute favourite mascara which is They're Real . This mascara gives your lashes a false lash effect and is a jet black colour that stays on all day. If you want lusciously thick lashes with an uplifting curl, this is the one, you won't go back!
After all the eye excitement, I was even more thrilled to hear about the new They're Real Gel Liner Pen coming soon to Benefit. I love to line my lash line with a cat eye effect however I was not very impressed with the Magic Ink liner. So I am looking forward to this new release from Benefit and as I'm sure you can tell I love the They're Real mascara so I am expecting good things!

Brows:

For my brows I got to try out the new Gimme-Brow Fibre Gel which uses fibers to thicken and volumise your natural rows to create a fuller natural brow look. This is a great product for those who strive to enhance their natural brows instead of filling them in for a more defined shape.
As my natural brows can be quite sparse, the lady also used the Instant Brow Pencil to create fullness and add shape. I do think this pencil has a nice colour match to my own brows and skin tone however I am a bit unsure about the shape as it is more thick than what I am used to! What do you think?

So if you have a long week ahead why not call into your nearest Benefit Beauty-Bar and invest in some "you time" (or even a sneaky new purchase?) with this completely free Benelicious treat! I know I will...again. All the products mentioned have been linked throughout the post. Phew! I think that was the longest post I have written in a while! 


Have you had a Benefit Make-Upper? What are your favourite Benefit products?


No comments:

Post a Comment